1st meeting of the Thematic Group on Nurturing Skills for a Thriving and Sustainable Agricultural Sector
- CAP Implementation
- Economic impacts
- Generational Renewal
- Socio-economic Impacts
This was the first meeting of the Thematic Group (TG) on Nurturing Skills for a Thriving and Sustainable Agricultural Sector, organised by the CAP Implementation Contact Point.
The Thematic Group (TG) on Nurturing Skills for a Thriving and Sustainable Agricultural Sector aims to explore needs and opportunities related to agricultural skills development and their updating, with a focus on the agricultural workforce and on the (new) skills needed to strengthen farmers in the food-supply chain.
Aims of the meeting:
- Introduce the Thematic Group and its members, outlining the mission and objectives of the group.
- Provide some background information on priority skill gaps and challenges in agriculture.
- Engage participants in meaningful discussions to identify demanded skills and changing stages throughout a farmer's career.
- Explore with selected stakeholders, through concrete examples, how agricultural professionals can access customised training programs to address evolving needs and challenges.
- Co-design the next steps of the TG (in between meetings and second TG meeting) with participants.