Do you have an idea for an EU CAP Network Focus Group? Is the topic focused and the question well defined?
Under the EIP-AGRI, 46 Focus Groups were set up between 2013 and 2021. As of 2022, the ‘Support Facility for Innovation and Knowledge exchange including EIP-AGRI’ sets up Focus Groups under the EU CAP Network. Take a look at the results that have been produced by EIP-AGRI Focus Groups in this overview (update October 2022).
EU CAP Network Focus Groups are temporary groups of selected experts focusing on a specific subject, sharing knowledge and experience
Each group explores practical innovative solutions to problems or opportunities in the field and draws on experience derived from related useful projects. Each Focus Group meets twice and produces a recommendations and outcomes report.
The Focus Groups also discuss and document research results, best practices and identify the implications for further research activities that will help to solve practical problems in the sector.
In short, the objectives of a Focus Group are:
- Taking stock of the state of play of practice in the field of the Focus Group activity, listing problems and opportunities;
- Taking stock of the state of play of research in this field, summarising possible solutions to the problems listed;
- Identifying needs from practice and possible directions for further research;
- Highlighting priorities for innovative actions by suggesting potential practical Operational Groups or other project formats to test solutions and opportunities, including ways to disseminate the practical knowledge gathered.
New EU CAP Network Focus Groups
The topics covered by the three new Focus Groups are:
- Enhancing the biodiversity on farmland through high-diversity landscape features
- Social farming and innovations
- Recovery of abandoned agricultural lands
For more information on Groups and their tasks, please see the Focus Group brochure and Focus Group Charter.
Previous EIP-AGRI Focus Groups