Focus Group 'Enhancing the biodiversity on farmland through high-diversity landscape features'
How can farmers create and maintain high-diversity landscape features (HDLF) that positively impact farmland biodiversity?
- Identify the challenges and opportunities for farmers in introducing a greater diversity of HDLF to increase both the diversity and area of habitats and/or better connectivity between habitats.
- Collect and highlight good practices and inspiring success stories, approaches and methodologies for introducing and maintaining HDLF at different scales and landscapes.
- Identify examples of valorising (from the social and economic point of view) the ecosystem services provided by HDLF.
- Identify capacity building experiences and needs for implementation of HDLF.
- Suggest innovative HDLF and appropriate maintenance/management models essential to the value of landscapes and HDLF for wildlife.
- Identify further research needs from practice, and possible gaps in technical knowledge.
- Suggest innovative ideas for EIP-AGRI Operational Groups and other innovative projects.
- Final report
- Fact Sheet
- Projects booklet: Studies from the EU CAP Network’s Focus Group on Enhancing the biodiversity on farmland through high-diversity landscape features
- Mini Paper 1: The role of knowledge and promotion
- Mini Paper 2: Implementing high-diversity landscape features on farms: small changes but large gains
- Mini Paper 3: Managing high-diversity landscape features for pollinators
- Mini Paper 4: the social and cultural benefits of high-diversity landscape features
- Mini Paper 5: Benefits of hdlfs for on-farm adaptation to climate change
- Starting Paper: Enhancing the biodiversity on farmland through high-diversity landscape features
Focus Group members
|Working at an NGO
|Working at an NGO
|Robles del salto
Access the collaborative space (for members only)
Starting Paper: Enhancing the biodiversity on farmland through high-diversity landscape features
(PDF - 12.7 MB)
Projects booklet: Studies from the EU CAP Network’s Focus Group on Enhancing the biodiversity on farmland through high-diversity landscape features
(PDF - 6.46 MB)