EU CAP Network Workshop ‘Circular water management’
- Innovation, knowledge exchange & EIP-AGRI
Climate and Climate Change
Fostering Knowledge & Innovation
EU CAP Network workshop ‘Circular water management’ will take place from Tuesday 12 to Wednesday 13 March 2024
- Seville, Spain
The EU CAP Network workshop 'Circular water management’ will take place in Seville (Spain) on Tuesday 12 and Wednesday 13 March 2024.
The call for expression of interest is now open. If you are interested in participating, please fill in the application form before 11 December 2023, 23:59 CET.
The agenda outline is available below.
The language of the event will be English. There will be no interpretation.
This event will be dedicated to bringing together innovation actors to share innovative approaches and practices, disseminate and exchange knowledge on circular water management considering the reuse and recycling of water for agricultural production. This means capturing, treating, and reusing water multiple times within the farming processes. In the framework of the workshop, we will consider the reused and recycled water from the environment close to the farm: water from farm (fields, roofs, greenhouses etc), from farm activities (livestock activity, primary processing etc) or from small-scale agri-food industries.
The participants will have the opportunity to:
- share innovative approaches and practices, disseminate and exchange knowledge from Operational Groups, EU Horizon and Life projects as well as from other types of relevant innovative projects on circular water management (reuse and recycling)
- identify methods and techniques for circular water management tailored to different types of farms (crops/animal production, size, capacity etc…)
- identify new source of wastewater from small agri food industries (primary processing) in an individual or collective way.
- highlight socioeconomic benefits for implementing circular water management systems
- identify challenges, knowledge needs and skills and research needs from practice
- promote networking for future collaboration opportunities.
The workshop will include field visits.
The main target groups:
The workshop will target farmers, advisors, researchers, projects and initiatives related to circular water management, including EIP-AGRI Operational Groups and Horizon projects, water cooperatives and associations, SMEs, and any other innovators interested in sharing their knowledge on the topic of circular water management.
For any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org